1. The U.S. is in every way vastly superior to every other nation on earth. And we’re God’s favorite.
2. Everyone deserves his or her financial status, whether rich or poor. If you work hard enough, you’ll be successful, and if you’re poor, you’re just lazy. The only rich people who are just lucky are Hollywood celebrities, who are pampered airheads totally out of touch with the real world. (Except for Chuck Norris.)
3. Giving a pittance in handouts to the poor encourages dependency and is a major burden to taxpayers; giving billions in handouts to the rich encourages industriousness and is good for the economy. If we take care of the rich first, it will trickle down to everyone else.
4. The Confederacy was a noble cause, and the Civil War was inevitable. It was really about states’ rights rather than slavery.
5. The bombing of Japan was necessary to end the war, and it saved more lives than it destroyed.
6. The Democratic Party is the party of tax and spend, and the Republican Party is the party of fiscal restraint.
7. Eating meat makes you strong and healthy.
8. Ronald Reagan won the cold war, and brought about the downfall of the Soviet Union.
9. The Founding Fathers were all Christian, and intended the U.S. to be a Christian nation.
10. Islam is a more violent religion than Christianity.
11. It’s impossible to have a moral compass without religion.
12. It’s easy to read and understand the Bible; the English translations we have are very accurate.
13. Trying to guarantee equality of economic opportunity is the same as trying to guarantee equality of economic achievement; and it’s socialist/ communist/ fascist/ whateverist.
14. Capital punishment deters crime.
15. Outlawing abortion is an effective way to prevent it.
16. Pro-choice is the same as pro-abortion.
17. The Second Amendment gives you the right to own a gun.
18. Firearm regulation (“gun control”) means trying to outlaw guns.
19. Evolution means that humans descended from apes; and it’s only a theory.
20. Secularism means suppression of religious freedom.
21. There is an “invisible hand” guiding the economy, and if we just leave it alone, everything will turn out fine on its own.
22. Regulation of business practices is an unwarranted interference in free enterprise, and is socialist/ communist./ fascist/ whateverist.
23. Sex education just gives kids ideas that they’d never be able to think of otherwise; what really works is to tell kids to just say no.
24. “Political correctness” is a totalitarian mindset that squashes free speech.
25. There is a “liberal” bias to American media.